Water Services Sector Group (WSSG)Sector overview
- The water services sector provides safe drinking and raw water and the collection and treatment of wastewater and storm water.
- Other sectors are reliant on the water sector for the safe operation of their buildings and equipment and the health of employees
- Catchment management authorities
- Rural water authorities (irrigation)
- Regional urban authorities
- Wholesalers (responsible for bulk water distribution)
- Retail water companies
- Dams, reservoirs and ground water extraction
- Desalination plants, water storage and water treatment plants
The Water Services Sector Group receives secretariat support from the Department of Home Affairs.