Transport Sector Group (TSG)Sector overview
- The transport sector sustains society and the economy through the movement of people and essential goods.
- The Transport Sector Group enables owners, operators and, in some cases, regulators to share information on security and vulnerabilities across the aviation, maritime and surface sub-sectors.
- The transport sector is also a key enabler of growth in mining, agriculture and tourism
- Owners and operators of airlines, airports, maritime ports, shipping companies, buses, trains, trams and trucking and freight service providers
- Aviation: aircraft and airports
- Maritime: major Australian ports ranging from resource export terminals to multi-cargo
- Surface: road and rail infrastructure
The Transport Sector Group receives secretariat support from the Department of Home Affairs.