Health Sector Group (HSG)Sector overview
- Australia’s health system is a multifaceted network of public and private providers, settings, participants and supporting mechanisms that maintain the health and wellbeing of Australians.
- Services provided by the sector include private hospitals, general practitioner services, insurance, medicines, blood products, ambulance and medical goods supply.
- Other sectors are reliant on this sector for the health and wellbeing of employees and the community.
- The Australian Government
- Peak industry bodies
- Owners and operators of health critical infrastructure
- Producers and distributors of medical products and equipment
- Hospitals, primary and community centres and private practices
The Health Sector Group receives secretariat support from the Department of Health.