Food and Grocery Sector Group (FGSG)Sector overview
- The food and grocery sector sustains society by ensuring people have access to food.
- It encompasses food for consumption in and outside of the home.
- The sector relies heavily on supply chains including physical and information systems and processes used to deliver a product or service from one location to another – mostly supplier to consumer.
- For some food items, there is importation of fresh products and ingredients, as well as packaging, but for others the supply is wholly domestic.
- Peak industry bodies
- Owners and operators of food and grocery critical infrastructure
- Australian Food and Grocery Council
- Food distribution centres
- Complex logistics systems and networks
The Food and Grocery Sector Group receives secretariat support from the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment.