Energy Sector Group (ESG)Sector overview
- The energy sector sustains society and the economy through the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity and the production and delivery of natural gas and liquid fuels
- A sub-group of the Energy Sector Group is the Oil and Gas Security Forum (OGSF).
- Owners and operators of energy critical infrastructure
- Producers and distributors of electricity, gas and liquid fuel products
- Government regulators and Australian Government
- Energy markets and the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO)
- Electricity: generation, transmission and distribution systems
- Gas: production, processing, transmission and distribution systems
- Liquid fuels: production and importation facilities, storage and distribution systems and fuel refineries
The Energy Sector Group receives secretariat support from the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources.