Banking and Finance Sector Group (BFSG)Sector overview
- The banking and finance sector provides financial services, including banking, insurance, securities, superannuation and wealth building products;
- plays a fundamental role in driving productive investment in the economy and provides the infrastructure necessary for the exchange of goods, services and financial assets; and
- individuals, communities, businesses and governments are all reliant on this infrastructure to continue to operate and thrive.
- Australia’s major banks
- Financial and insurance institutions
- Financial regulatory agencies
- The sector has identified 17 essential business functions that are critical to its continued provision of services to the community
The Banking and Finance Sector Group receives secretariat support from the Department of Home Affairs.