Welcome to the online registration service for those entities required to report their interest and control information or operational information under the Security of Critical Infrastructure Act 2018.
The Act establishes a Register of Critical Infrastructure Assets, which contains information on who owns, controls and has access to a particular asset.
The Act sets out two types of reporting entities who are required to provide information:
- a Direct Interest Holder, reporting ownership and control information
- a Responsible Entity, reporting on operational information.
There are two forms available on the next page. If you are registering your asset for the first time, complete the new registration form. If a notifiable event has occurred and you are advising of changes to an existing registration, complete the change an existing registration form.
If you are both a Direct Interest Holder and Responsible Entity of a critical infrastructure asset you will need to complete both forms. Upon successful submission of either form you will be provided with the option to complete the second form, which will pre-fill some sections for you.
Important notes on using this registration service:
- The online forms must be completed and submitted online in one session, they cannot be saved and completed at a later date.
- You can keep your browser open and return to the form, however, if you navigate away from the form, before successfully submitting it, all data will be lost and you will need to start again.
- The online Direct Interest Holder form will allow up to twenty entries of 'Other entities with influence or control', however, additional entities with influence or control can be recorded on the Additional Other Entity form and attached at the time of registration submission.
- The online Responsible Entity form allows a maximum of five operators to be reported. Additional operators can be reported by completing and attaching the Additional Operators Form to your registration.
- Ensure pop ups are enabled on your browser before starting the form.
- Allow at least 40 minutes to complete all mandatory sections.
- Supporting documentation can be uploaded to the online form before submission.
If you are unsure whether you need to register a critical infrastructure asset or what information you will be asked to register please read the Guidance on completing the registration forms.
Any delays in submitting your online registration could result in penalties if you exceed the legislated timeframes required under the Security of Critical Infrastructure Act 2018.